OOC: Hands of the Gods #2633875312
  • Posted On: Jan 10 2004 3:51pm
Sure, you just take your time.
  • Posted On: Jan 11 2004 12:57am
Here is the basics of it.

8 ) Confirmation that Lup cannot just ignore anything that he sees fit to ignore just for the reason that he does not like it.

"You have issues with my post because i'm ignoring the sections of yours that couldn't possibly work. "

-Lup

Staff members have no right to simply ignore other posters just becuase they do not like what they are doing. They are not above the rules or at least they should not be when rping IC.

This is undeniably truth. To ignore another RPer based on personel opinion IC and without getting the staff to approve or dis-approve is god-moding.

Lup gave no comment on this.

6) That Lup has no right to RP how the systems of a ship that was R&Ded by a different group reacts.

Only the GC can say for sure how their R&Ded ships systems react in a given situation. TNO members have no right to decide such things.

Relating to point '5' above. Lup has defined how Life support has reacted. Seeing as he already has done that several post back it is easier for the thread to let it go. But he cannot define any further systems or how they would or would not react in a given situation.

Lup contends that he can determine how a ship reacts after Ion bombardment.

I contend that he has no right to RP how this ship reacts becuase it is an R&D designed by another group. As such it's systems are unique and how they react to a given situation is up to the group that R&Ded it. Not out side members.

If GC aggrees to said reactions, it would be the determinant of how the ship's systems would have reacted. Not by members of another group such as TNO.

7) Reconition that C4 has control of the ships main computer seeing as Lup is ignoring that fact.

Command gained not by hacking but by reconition as the highest ranking officer on the ship. According him total system control.

Command status accorded by the GC. As such no one but a memeber of the GC can revoke it as such.

Along with the fact that I bypassed the computer so that command requests have to go through a hub that C4 controls. Allowing him to control the command functions flow of information in and out of the main computer.

As such boarding parties are locked out of the main computer except for what I allow them to access.

Here, Only GC can say whether or not a person with field command status can take control of ships systems.

TNO members have no say in the matter.

Lup contends that I cannot have any control. But, again, that is up to the GC to determine and no one else. I confirmed my field statuas with GC's Jan Dondana.

"I haven't read the OOC stuff, just got back form a trip, and I'm not quite sure what the argument is about. I suggest contacting Dolash. But yeah you have a relatively high field status."

-Jan

his response above, states that I have a high field status. As such I have clearance in the computers on GC ships to assume command of a given system.

This is between me and GC no one else has a say as such.

5) the fact that-

"All emergency systems that run on back up power supplies as defined below.

Main computer to run back up systems such as Life support, emergency systems involving atmospheric and weapons damage containment such as the blast doors, lighting, computer systems to restart downed systems. Escape pod control. All are on line with some power source."

More systems are online then just lights and life support as Lup contends.

If one emergency system, run by an emergency computer, is online then all emergency systems are online with emergency power as I defined in my post.

Only GC can define what their emergency systems are and how they can react. TNO could do so if it was a common ship but not a ship R&Ded by another group. A unique R&Ded ship's systems are determined by the members of said group. Not by out side induviduals seeking to RP that their systems react a certain way for them.

Yet it is lups contention that he can determine how these systems react to his attack.

1) Locking off of hanger blast doors making it so that forces from the ravager cannot enter the ship.

2) Rping getting past said doors taking at least a post.

3) the fact that becuase of more blast doors being closed throughout the ship it would take said forces a post longer then the boarding party to travel through the ship.

1, two, and three involve the systems being controled. As argued above.

4) That it takes more then a single post to start docking escape pods. It takes at least one post to begin docking and a post to dock and then board.

Mass docking rules apply here as well as they do any where else.
  • Posted On: Jan 11 2004 4:14am
Thank you Lup and Vonta.

Anything else to say before I begin pondering my response?
  • Posted On: Jan 11 2004 6:55am
Nada.
  • Posted On: Jan 11 2004 9:45am
All information from my posts is coming from prior to when damalis was expected to rule. I haven't read the latest crap that it posted, so take timeframes into account.
  • Posted On: Jan 11 2004 3:40pm
Um, this isn't directly related to this issue, but we have got time until the staff decision is made.

Vonta: I never knew you were a her. Or is it Lup who was wrong?
  • Posted On: Jan 11 2004 11:54pm
Charecter is a her I am a him IRL.

They refer to the charecter vonta as her so it is an easy slip to make.
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 1:20am
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 5:06am
I tend to slip between him, her and it with Vonta.
  • Posted On: Jan 14 2004 1:52am
Like the Hutts.