OOC: Hands of the Gods #2633875312
  • Posted On: Dec 31 2003 2:47am
Actually, all he's offering is a cease fire right now to collect dead and/or injured crewmembers.

If he doesn't care about them ok.

Right now, all his crew IC knows is that while he's broadcasted the offer of a cease-fire, there was a reaction from the Imperials. They slowed their advance.

Obviously, they are considering. Perhaps speaking among themselves.

So their broadcast is having an effect. But how much (and for good or bad) will be determined by his next actions.

TNO may yet surprise you Jan about what to expect or not. But then again, maybe not.

The point is, you never know until an angle is played out IC.

In any event, thanks for the Info on the Intruders.
  • Posted On: Dec 31 2003 3:27am
Maybe so, Jan. But they are still modified freighters.

If I recall correctly, the main reason the smuggler fleet was able to inflict heavy casualties was because of superior tactics on their part, and terrible tactics on the Empire's part.

Not to mention that the commander in question intended to lose.

If the Intruders can communicate, than they no doubt heard the cease-fire request. Yet they continued to attack. Whether Dolash can "control" them or not is irrelevent - they are GC forces and they continued to attack.

Your OOC says to me that the "cease-fire" is a ruse, and nothing more.
  • Posted On: Dec 31 2003 4:26am
Jan, as an impartial observer, I would not be suprised if the peace offer is rejected under the grounds Drayson has stated.

It doesn't make much sense to offer peace and then sneak in ships for an attack. It could either be a deception, or a case of horrible command structure communication, in which case why would you accept an offer of peace, if certain commanders won't get the message?
  • Posted On: Jan 1 2004 12:38am
Oh SOD IT. The Stealths burn and die. The peace treaty is not a ruse because Jan is either dead or captured so he has no authority. NOW CAN WE PLEASE CONTINUE?
  • Posted On: Jan 1 2004 12:39am
ANd of course we could not tell the stealths about the treaty, you're blocking the transmissions!
  • Posted On: Jan 1 2004 1:30am
I thought we were blocking long-range transmissions...

*shrug*

Obviously it's not a ruse, OOC Dolash. It's simply how the characters interpert it IC. If your enemy is offering peace on one hand and attacking you with the other, they are unlikely to accept the offer.

Though if you did want peace (OOC) you wouldn't be defending the actions of the Intruders so vehetmently.
  • Posted On: Jan 2 2004 1:08am
I don't like casualties.
  • Posted On: Jan 2 2004 1:27am
And we're just waiting for Theren and Lup, right?
  • Posted On: Jan 2 2004 4:09am
Then why the hell did you write the Intruder's attacking into the RP?

You could have easily left them out using the same excuse you have for the last four months. That you choose to ask for peace and attack us, while hiding behind the IC motives of the ships, says a lot about your plan, OOC.
  • Posted On: Jan 2 2004 11:55am
Staff Decision in progress...

Personally, I do not consider the Intruders dead and burned (just yet). There was something bothering me about the thread and I just couldn't put my finger on. I thought perhaps Drayson didn't have enough time load and I find that that was not it.

Elsewhere on the battlefield, the stealth intruders plotted a dangerous course, shooting directly into the construction bays themselves. Shooting down them at dangerous speeds, only the razor-sharp skills of their pilots kept them on course. Waves of deadly fire sliced instruments and devices to pieces all along the shipyard, and windows shattered along with dura-steel supports all along the length of the shaft.

I think I see the problem here. In the first two instances of "shooting", are the Intruders firing or "moving" (shooting just being the expression)?

Because Drayson's firing on the Intruders only happens after:

But their positions were given away the moment they began to fire,

So the question is where are the Intruders when they begin to fire?

Dolash, please read this part of your post.

... plotted a dangerous course, shooting directly into the construction bays themselves.

I believe Drayson took this to mean they were "firing" directly into the construction bays after plotting the course but before entering the yard. Therefore, he could fire on your ships "as they pass by" because they gave their position away before they reached the yard.

But if you mean't, they were "shooting directly into the construction bays themselves" (meaning moving at a great rate of speed into the bays) then they would not have fired (or given their position away) until after they entered the bays.

The only reason I think you meant the second meaning is because of the sentence after it.

Shooting down them at dangerous speeds,

Am I correct in reading your post?