Galaxy Map
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2013 7:57pm
Omnae, the best I've got is a pre-Cataclysm, non-"spheres of influence"-esque map with some of my planets inexpertly and imprecisely edited in. But it's clear!

Will that work for you?

Now, as for updating to a new map, I'm all for it. Especially if someone else is volunteering. Reshmar, honestly, your map hurts my head with all of the swirlies. Although, it is closer in design to our current map, so people who hate change may prefer it.

The new Atlas map seems like it might be too cluttered, with all of the minor trade routes and some of that extra regional shading, but that's probably just me being a dummy again and I'm sure it will be fine.
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2013 9:35pm
I'm not opposed to using the Atlas map as a template, if anyone has half-decent photoshop skills, which I know a couple among us do. The new map is very cluttered and annoying to look at sometimes if you're searching for specifics, but its grid locations match perfectly with Wookieepedia and we all abuse the hell out of that website for our own devious personal gain.
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2013 11:23pm
whould this map work any better?
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/110114/star-wars-map-high-res_1500.jpg
Im loking for something with a high enough resolution that I can work with fairly easy.

2250 or above is great. i can deal with 1600 but anything lower and throwing everything we have at TRF onto it becomes a nightmare.
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2013 11:36pm
Yeah, I haven't been able to dig up an Atlas map at anything higher than 1500x, so we might be better off using it as a template to update something older.
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2013 11:44pm
The map I have is 2350x2250, but again, it's a pre-Cataclysm map with individual faction-owned worlds marked by color.
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2013 12:13am
I should be getting a copy of the Atlas fairly soon (hopefully tomorrow).

If people are willing to wait, I can try scanning the map then.
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2013 1:41am
I have a copy in my possession, just no immediate access to a scanner and no photo editing skills to make it look pretty (its a two page spread) once its scanned. I have no problem waiting for Corise.
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2013 2:13am
I can wait.
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2013 2:46am
I can do anything we want in photoshop I just need a good map. Hell I an make one from scratch as big as we want it but it is easier to just do from one already done.
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2013 5:18pm
I have the book, and I am now in the process of scanning and combining the scans into a single image. From hear out, I'm probably going to e-mail our preliminary map out for editing to preserve its resolution. So if anyone besides Reshmar and myself is interested in editting the map, let me know and give an e-mail address for me to send it to you.