Galaxy Map
  • Posted On: May 26 2007 3:21pm
I noticed some mistakes in the last version. These have been corrected. Mostly it deals with the Confederation planets, which are now all added in their correct positions, along with Echbatan, a planet the Imperials will be acquiring in "Sands of Time," as already agreed on by myself and Corise. A few other changes were made, but I can't remember them all at the moment.

So, here's Galaxy Map Version 2.3.

• Posted On: May 26 2007 3:33pm
Biggest mistake I see is thats the wrong map
  • Posted On: May 26 2007 3:43pm
I know not what Heir means about that, your map is awesome.

I love having a good galaxy map on hand - it really helps one visualize TRF and its' politics. Definetly saving a copy.

Just a few small notes - the Cren Alliance (It's all in one system, I believe) are just south of Bakura, to the left of the big "Outer Rim" title near the bottom of the screen. Also, just to the right of that, the Coalition owns Anoat. There's also a planet called Loraire at the Wildspace end of the Corellian Run. We also own Teth, which is in the East close to BDE (its' position is on the old galaxy map)
  • Posted On: May 26 2007 3:51pm
I like that map as well. However, Sump and The Silken Asteroid Field belongs to Stellar Enterpries, as does Umbara. I have 2 other ownerships, but they are hidden.
  • Posted On: May 26 2007 3:56pm
We've used one map for some time now, I see no reason to switch to a map whos planetary positions are all shifted around. The original map is fine, I'm not changing just becuase blue is better than orange.
  • Posted On: May 26 2007 4:55pm
Well, you can update the old map if you want to Heir. Wes is taking the time to do it himself, so I say he can do whatever he wants...
  • Posted On: May 26 2007 5:18pm
  • Posted On: May 26 2007 7:04pm
I'm in so much pain now.
  • Posted On: May 26 2007 8:11pm
Hmm, while I commend Wes for putting the time in to actually update everything, I too am asking why we are using an entirely new map. What was wrong with just updating the old one?

I can already see different changes to planets we already own, whilst it may not affect other groups, it does create a headache for us.

Tactically the postion of planets is very important and of course is a factor in planetary takeovers. I now have planets in completely different positions, to where they were before.

I hate to piss upon someone's work, especially on TRF where a member has actually taken it upon themselves to contribute something useful , in their own time, but I'm not convinced.

Is there a specific reason why it was changed?
  • Posted On: May 26 2007 8:14pm
Dolash, Ben: All fixed. Cren Alliance added, planets under correct ownership.

Galaxy Map Version 2.4:

EDIT: In reply to Seth, yes, there is a reason it changed. The new map is updated with many more canon planets. Also, it provides a better strategical view, as it's not viewed at an angle and it is not difficult to tell exactly where each planet is supposed to be. On an angled map, the distances are harder to discern. If there are planets that need to be moved because of the switch, let me know, and I'll be more than happy to adjust them for you.