Galaxy Map
  • Posted On: Dec 18 2013 1:49am
Somehow I managed to completely miss you posting the map, Corise. Also I'm a big dummy, so it took me a minute to figure out how to view the full-sized map, but it looks pretty good to me. Although you did give Togoria to GC, and I don't know what that's about. Eventually I'd like to get as many GC planets on the map as possible, but it may be a while before I spend the time to make sure I know where all of them are supposed to go.

I like it. Thanks for putting in the time.

I should point out, though, that there's a lot of funny coloring going on, because we simply have too many factions. I think it's time to conquer a few of them!
  • Posted On: Dec 18 2013 2:14am
You know what, I could swear Togoria was a GC planet at one point, but it's not listed under the planet's list any more (though searching in the battlegrounds for the name has a dozen or so results...).  Thanks for pointing that error out to me, I'll fix it in the next update.

And yes, coming up with all the different colors and roundels for everyone took a bit of work.  Speaking of which, if anyone wants to modify theirs, just let me know and I'll switch it (assuming it isn't too similar looking to someone else's).
  • Posted On: Jan 3 2014 4:01am
I did it! I did it!

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/jlg61788/media/TRF50_zpse6015ace.jpg.html

The only notable thing that I did besides adding green dots and labeling them is that I erased Ketaris from grid square L5. The Atlas put it on the other side of the galaxy, but I'm calling dibs on this one because Ketaris has definitely always been between Skor II and Gall.

I don't know if you're going to want to leave the Quelii area like that; maybe we could do something similar to the Hapes Cluster, where we just shade the sector in to denote the whole thing pretty much belongs to the dead robot with no thumbs and a hankering for peacemaking?
  • Posted On: Jan 3 2014 11:21am
Anyone object to that way of marking the map?  

I admit that it almost goes to sphere of influence type of model, but it's going to be pretty hard to mark & label all of those planets there....
  • Posted On: Jan 3 2014 7:01pm
Ooh, here we go:

I'll calculate the number of pixels occupied by all of those planet markers, transpose an outline of the Quelii Sector onto our map, and then cover as much of the Quelii Sector as that number of pixels allow.

Math Faction 2.0: now with more Visual Aids!
  • Posted On: Jan 3 2014 11:10pm
I should point out that I moved Chad (Chadra) slightly from its canon position, again because I took it pre-Atlas, when its location wasn't yet settled. I placed it in S-8, to keep it with the rest of the East, though it's now officially in R-7, near Jomark. I don't think it'll be a problem, but just in case somebody notices on their own eventually, I want you all to know that I'm not trying to trick anybody with my schemey schemes.
  • Posted On: May 26 2015 10:08pm
Centares, New Holstice, Wakde, Echtabahn, In'chion, Li'eston, Yuri, and Salotai should all be under the SS Sector, as well as Makin now. They are all in R7 or S7.

• Posted On: May 28 2015 9:11pm
May 2015 Galaxy Map?

I did the best I could to fit your planets on, Wes, but that little postage stamp can only fit so many dots!

Corise, I went ahead and marked all of your planets that I saw, but I know that's not all of them by far.

Wes seems to want to take a crack at a new-old galaxy map, which sounds just grand to me. Wes, just know that we (or at least I) are going to be harassing you to move some of our canon planets around to match "TRF Canon" for, oh, the next six months or so.

Edit: Also, my last map upload was saved in the wrong format, and lost some resolution due to that. I'm pretty sure I didn't screw that up this time.
  • Posted On: May 28 2015 9:47pm
Is there any way we can host that map here so I can zoom on it and see planets with my old man eyes?
  • Posted On: May 28 2015 10:08pm
Titus and I have been planning on some sort of advanced functionality, and in the meantime I will work on a short term solution.

But also it should be noted that I have made privately clear to just about everyone involved that not even areas of security but areas of potential interest may change or not after my RP. and everybody still seems totally okay with writing their RPs and back dealing in rooms and passive aggression and whatever. so when i get my next few posts up, i will inform you all that the Armistice has ended.

And that the Armistice is not between any of you, its been all of you and me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YNxezBineI