Galaxy Map
  • Posted On: Mar 13 2007 12:06am
Smarts
If you could add Varn to the map for the GC, I'd really appreciate that. It's in the Quelii Sector, which is just above the Hydian Way.

Unless it happens to be one of the prenamed sectors on the map, which I don't believe it is, then I have no idea where the fuck the Quelii sector is, as the map doesn't point out every single sector. But the updated map is coming along gents.
  • Posted On: Mar 13 2007 12:11am
Actually, it is on the map. It's the sector Dathomir is in.
  • Posted On: Mar 13 2007 6:45pm
It's....coming along. I'm not bothering with the spheres of influence crap, I'm just circling the planets that belong to people and that's it. I'm working with a new galaxy map that I got from wikipedia. It's the most up-to-date map that I could find.
  • Posted On: Apr 18 2007 3:12am
Due to the lack of a recent update, I took it upon myself to update the map. It should have all the major planets added (let me know if you want something else). I didn't bother with the spheres of influence this time; instead I just marked the planets. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to update.

• Posted On: Apr 18 2007 3:29am
I say we keep using the established map. Because this one shows things in different places. Namely Sinsang not being in the Raioballo Sector thus ruining one of my premises.
  • Posted On: Apr 18 2007 3:34am
That map is much more visually appealing, but rather messed up...
  • Posted On: Apr 18 2007 3:36pm
Irtar: Sinsang I can fix; I had to add it onto the map in the first place.

LOS: The map is essentially the same as the old one except that it is a top-down view rather than an angled one.

Better?
  • Posted On: Apr 18 2007 4:43pm
Compare it against the old map and see what's missing and move from there. Good work, tho

*awards wes OOC Legion of Merit*
  • Posted On: Apr 18 2007 5:25pm
Yes, Good work Wes.

Sort of a random comment, but this new map seems to have more of the canon planets listed within it compared to the older map, but at the same time, there are a lot of minor differences which don't fit with some of TRF's older writing. Besides Sinsaing for example, the Stenness Node has completely been removed. Probably because the space it use to occupy on the old map is now Hapan and Onderon space on the new map. Same thing goes for the contracted Kathol Sector.

It's going to be harder to see or use the strategic planning built by using the older series of maps. Just something I think we should consider.

The new map has several differences from the old
  • Posted On: May 25 2007 1:56pm
Galaxy Map Version 2.2. League of Nations is added in white, several planets have been added, and of course the general updates. I also included Krant as going to TNO since the thread has the proper number of words and TNO is in occupation of the planet. I can change it later if necessary.