Planets List
  • Posted On: Feb 5 2007 4:31am
Soroya joins the Coalition under the Contegorian Confederation heading.

Word Count: 5,928
  • Posted On: Feb 5 2007 5:17am
Christian - Space stations do not need a 5000 word rp.

Corise - Just 2 posts?

A former rule that is now unwritten is that we go with no less than 3 posts for a takeover. Otherwise, what prevents a person from simply making 1 post threads of 5000 words? Such posts tend to show more focus on simple OOC asset grab rather than the rp itself.

I don't intend to keep your planet off the list but keep this in mind with future planet-grab rp's.

thanks.
  • Posted On: Feb 5 2007 5:39am
Will do. I knew that they had to had over a week and more than one post.
  • Posted On: Feb 5 2007 6:49pm
Omnae, Liberty Station is more of a hollowed out planetoid.

Its a space station in the sense that it is was uninhabitable without construction and such, but it is much more like a planetary holding. A shadowport style deal. Analagous, perhaps, to the "Emperor's Storehouse" from the Diversity Alliance era of the EU, or the Black Sun base in the Vegresso Asteroids.

So, methinks it should be on the planet list.

Sorry about the confusion.
  • Posted On: Feb 5 2007 9:26pm
See; StarForge Station or Port No Port
  • Posted On: Feb 5 2007 9:31pm
Is this where I mention the Nightsisters have Lexia as their hidden homeworld?

Edit:
Omnae

- Ishara - yes, this is the thread.

Thanks Omnae! ;)
  • Posted On: Feb 5 2007 10:56pm
I don't know. Just because someone stores shit somewhere doesn't make it a planetary asset in my book.

The Empire may build a Death Star but that does not mean it will suddenly be considered a planetary asset.

Sure, we've made exceptions to things (other than planets and moons) being considered assets like the canon station (StarForge) or those vehicles that holds a group's identity (such as a Worldship of the Yuuzhan Vong) or the Cree Ar homeship that entered the Coursca Galaxy.

If you were a pirate group or the Bounty Hunters, I could see letting a few of these slide but unless you are seizing an asteriod field I don't feel comfortable with this precident.

This is just my opinion, though.

I just see bases as temporary. Especially bases in the same system as an enemy.

- Ishara - yes, this is the thread.
  • Posted On: Feb 5 2007 11:45pm
http://www.therebelfaction.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9421&highlight=Dosuun

Faction: Germanican Grays

Word Count: 6660

Planet: Dosuun
  • Posted On: Feb 6 2007 6:09am
The Kiris Asteroid Cluster was a belt of asteroids in the outer edges of the Corellian system.

The belt consisted of Kiris asteroids (including Kiris 3, Kiris 6, and Kiris 17) which marked the "upper" part of the asteroid cluster. The Corellian sun was visible beneath the belt and the secret Kiris shipyards were also there. The belt is known to be in an obscure location, as even native Corellian and expert pilot Han Solo had to ask for its coordinates

Directly from Wookipedia.">http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kiris_Asteroid_Cluster">Wookipedia.

If you'd rather had us over the entire asteroid belt fine.

Just because the base is near an Imperial system no less makes it a planetary holding. If you read the thread, the base is described as being quite large... and I see no reason why you should suddenly go all IAU and determine planetoids arent worth as holdings, but moons are. Should we start developing a size quota?? Cosnult astronomical charts to determine whats a planet and whats not?

I thought TRF had transcended such pettiness? Common sense is the rule- and a large planetoid that has been hollowed out to a degree and is acting as a base/asylumn is certainly plausible in Star Wars.
  • Posted On: Feb 6 2007 6:49am

This thread is not for conversation of any kind.

Any questions?

I'll give 'you' 24 hours to move any of these posts to an appropriate thread before I update the P-List and clear the above comments. Thank you.