Planets List
  • Posted On: Oct 9 2014 2:24am
I can't post the new Planets List yet, but I can go ahead and tell Corise the bad news . . .

Some of your threads don't reach the 5000 word limit :(

More than One's Armor (Felucia)
4895 words

Patriarchs of a Malevolent Age (Salvara)
4979 words

Blood Brothers (Kyle II)
5183 (R&D post included)

Harbinger of War (Ank Ki'Shor)

Hard Bargains (Talcene)

Also, Ter Abbes isn't on the current Planets List, though it is on your newest reorganized Confederation list. I don't know if it got lost in a previous edit, or if this is another of those as-of-yet-undiscovered Cataclysm surprises.

Also: don't hate me, k?
  • Posted On: Oct 9 2014 3:07am

Apparently OpenOffice's word counts are not the same as other program's word counts, fellow users beware.  So, I will be adding words to those various threads to make them compliant with our rules.  I will be using the word counter posted in the planet's list thread.  According to that word counter, we're at the following:

Patriarchs: 4958
Hard Bargains: 4875
Harbinger: 4539
Blood Brothers: 5170
Felucia: 4873

I’ve got nothing on Ter Abbes.  I guess I’ll go retake it in another thread if it intentionally disappeared in cataclysm.
  • Posted On: Oct 9 2014 3:21am
Looking at your first post to organize the Confederation, Ter Abbes wasn't on that either. It's possible you forgot to put it on that list, and then whenever someone edited the official Planets List with your organized list, it got erased that way. I'm just speculating though.

• Posted On: Oct 9 2014 11:58am
Possible, but I think it's more likely that I simply had forgotten to retake it after Cataclysm and simply slapped that on there again by referencing my own planets list.  But I retook Handooine, Jabiim, and Hast.  I can retake Ter Abbes fairly easily.

I have written more for each thread. It actually turns out that I'm an idiot, because I had draft posts in for both Ank Ki'Shor and Kile II written up that somehow didn't make it onto the site (hence the large discrepancy in those word counts). But they should all be fixed now. So this is what I've got for the threads currently, using the word counter posted by Leia:

Felucia should now have 5005 words.

Salvara should now have 5003 words.

Kile II should now have 5500 words (on the dot; and that wasn't even intentional).

Ank Ki'Shor should now have 5106 words.

Talcene should now have 5025 words.

Let me know if any of them are still coming up short by your counts, and I'll correct as necessary.

• Posted On: Oct 9 2014 2:57pm
Man, in the old days, TNO would be screaming foul and claiming that the loss of those worlds would irreparably harm Contegorian economy, military strength (at least 1000 ships should be stricken from the manifests...at least) and that their "falling out of the Confederation" was proof of their Pro-Imperial leanings which  means there is a massive Pro-Imperial political presence and they voted yesterday to join the Empire so you cannot complete your takeovers...   No money, no ships and everybody loves the Empire.   Go TNO!....  

*sigh*

lol..
  • Posted On: Oct 9 2014 5:15pm
Wait a minute, Om . . . that could work! The Confederation is clearly too regimented and militaristic for the likes of these freedom-loving, independently-minded worlds. What they need is the flexibility and laid back pizza dinner feel of the Galactic Coalition! Never mind me conquering you, Corise: I don't need to. Your people already love me!

For serious, though: Felucia is still coming in short at 4969 for me. The rest check out though.
  • Posted On: Oct 9 2014 5:32pm
I've got nothing, when I put it back in just now, I got less than you (4946), despite me writing the addition part in the word count prompt to make sure it would be okay.  I've added, so that Leia's word counter says that it should be 5055.  Just for fun, I decided to also put the first post of the new Ter Abbes PT in a couple of word counters to see the variation:

Microsoft word (783), OpenOffice (804), Leia's Word Counter: 814, wordcounter.net (783), Javascriptkit word counter (817).

EDIT: Moral of the story, do several hundred extra words to be the on the safe side. :P
  • Posted On: Oct 9 2014 5:42pm
Alright, I am officially calling Felucia "good". Congratulations!

Er, um, uhh, except for that whole Ter Abbes thing. Sorry about that.
  • Posted On: Oct 10 2014 2:03am
Nothing to be sorry about in making sure the rules are fairly enforced. 
  • Posted On: Oct 10 2014 2:14am
Uhh, maybe you haven't clicked the "Rules" button recently, but there are no rules!

Welcome to TRF 5.0, TRF: Anarchy Edition!

Edit: Speaking of rules . . . "This thread is not for conversation of any kind."

Oops.