Operation: Home Run (CN-1344) OOC
  • Posted On: Jan 11 2004 11:23pm
Not what I meant, Ahnk.
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 1:36am
In my opinion, for the future:

Destroyed does not necessarily mean: blown to microatoms.

The ships could be hulks drifting in space. The precident of taking such a drifting hulk and obtaining information from it was set by C4/Vonta in In the Hands of the Gods thread.

One of her (therefore by extension "your" [seeing as you all are on the same side]) arguements were that immediate "use" of said captured data IC established the presence of data on hulk.

Just FYI.
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 2:13am
In reaction to that direct qoute with my situation.

There is a difference.

The ship in question that I entered was listed as disabled when I obtained said information.

Not destroyed.

The ship was intact and if I had not blown it up it would likely have been repaired and used in a future thread.

These ships were listed as Destroyed.

As in there would be only fragmentated debree, all highly damaged.

Any intel would be stetchy at best.

Again, the precident I set was for a disabled ship.

Not a destroyed ship.
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 2:37am
*Buries head in hands.*
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 3:20am
Vonta is right...
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 5:09am
She took the info from the wreak of a shroud.

It was totally destroyed, remember you decided to desecrate the corpse of a sith who was in there? (even though there were no sith there)

Vonta is wrong, then.
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 5:52pm
DAMAGES:

-Ravanger, losing shields at an alarming rate. In mere moments will begin to suffer hits to hull.

-The rest of the Corellian hammer: all vessels suffered 20% additional damage on their shields from the rampage of the coalition.

-Fighter losses, 112 enemy fighters killed when the capitals engaged full speed and allied fighters swarmed in.

-48 Tie Defenders killed by guns of Coalition vessels and fighters

-26 coalition fighters lost, few because of tight formation and surprise nature of the regroup-and-charge tactic.

-Defiance classes gone, but one shroud crippled in panicked reutrn fire.

Any questions or concerns, feel free to ask them (Politely and calmly please) in the OOC forum.

-From the IHOG when the shroud was crippled.

Crippled is the same as disabled.

When we say a ship is disabled, or crippled, it just means that the ship has no more capacity to fight or defend itself even though the ship is still intact and still has some functioning capacities just no propulsion or weapons.

The level of damage on a disabled or crippled ship is determined in a RP.

It also means that ships listed as such could be repaired later after a battle if not destroyed.
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 6:45pm
Even if the rule was approved, Griff, Marth couldn't use data from Rachuk to find Bastion. Rachuk is the Mid-Rim Proctectorate, and contains information only about the Mid-Rim Proctectorate.
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 10:25pm
Vonta, Lup listed it as crippled. The way you rp'd it, it might as well have been destroyed.

A dog with a bum leg is crippled. You broke all it's legs, it's spine, squashed it's kidneys, and bashed in it's brain. According to you, since it has a sliver of a heartbeat, it was still technically alive therefore crippled.

Your reasoning: The extent of damage was not defined so I defined it.

Being destroyed does not necessarily mean being blown to microatoms. Actually being destroyed could mean how your rp'd our warship. And since the said destruction was not necessarily defined, I think Zen tried to define it.
  • Posted On: Jan 12 2004 11:14pm
Kraken, you are right. Only a well-written RP and a feasible explanation will allow me to find Bastion.