Operation: Home Run (CN-1344) OOC
  • Posted On: Jan 9 2004 1:26am
*sigh* Idiot.

Staff, Kyric will try to post in the thread with the same name as this one on the Battlegrounds, before the issues have been resloved, so be wary.

1) You got the location off of destroyed ships in the Kessel thread - a big no-no. Destroyed is destroyed, also meaning "obliterated".

2) Only select few ships have the location of the worlds - not every ship in the fleet, who would be stupid enough for that.

3) Even if you did find the world, you would not be seeing a world. Instead, you would be seeing a sensor-dulling nebula with asteroids, planets, and at least one sun within it. Since sensors a useless inside the nebula, you have no @#%$ way of finding the world. This has been established since the restart.
  • Posted On: Jan 9 2004 1:29am
1) You got the location off of destroyed ships in the Kessel thread - a big no-no. Destroyed is destroyed, also meaning "obliterated".

Does that mean that we don't have "black boxes" to use to figure out what happened to our ships in accidents?
  • Posted On: Jan 9 2004 1:35am

Only if it is stated in the RP that the craft was "obliterated".

3) Even if you did find the world, you would not be seeing a world. Instead, you would be seeing a sensor-dulling nebula with asteroids, planets, and at least one sun within it. Since sensors a useless inside the nebula, you have no @#%$ way of finding the world. This has been established since the restart.

Valid point, if the planets have been role-played or established in an earlier post to be like this.
  • Posted On: Jan 9 2004 1:38am
I'll back up Griff on the details of the system, Marth told me about them a long time ago when I threatened to find it's location and attack with TFE.

EDIT:I don't know about any IC posts, but I never researched into it.
  • Posted On: Jan 9 2004 1:39am
These details must have been mentioned in the planet's takeover RP, right?
  • Posted On: Jan 9 2004 1:42am
I'll dig through the forums and see if I can't find the take overs, read them, and let you know as well as link them to you yourself so you can review as well.

Jan any suggestions as to where to start?
  • Posted On: Jan 9 2004 1:44am
2) Only select few ships have the location of the worlds - not every ship in the fleet, who would be stupid enough for that.

If you have any IC evidance to prove me wrong, please post stating so. Otherwise, there is nothing against it.
  • Posted On: Jan 9 2004 1:52am
I've reviewed Spicy Miner, and find that he did indeed make an incharacter post and towed such debris.

We will have to debate how much information can be gathered from debris.

While we do, the thread is on hold and the 72 hour rule does not apply.
  • Posted On: Jan 9 2004 1:53am
There wouldn't be any, Kyric. On the other hand, there is no evidence saying that every ship does have the location, either...

For this we must base our reasoning off of what happens in the current world. Every aircraft carrier doesn't have the location of every super-secret island...
  • Posted On: Jan 9 2004 1:56am
I'm striking out cold on this whole finding the take over thing.