Spider Man 3
  • Posted On: May 12 2007 4:38am
Honestly, someone shoot what ever idiots decided that we needed a chick flick with super-heroes on occasion. And someone beat Mary Jane with a stick for being a dumbass. And then someone kill the CG director.

I was disappointed.
  • Posted On: May 12 2007 4:40am
I was looking forward to it for months, and was sorely dissapointed.

The scene with the jazz club and the dancing... WTF?
  • Posted On: May 12 2007 5:02am
A piece of shit to be sure.
  • Posted On: May 12 2007 8:23am
Hmm, not worth my 10 bucks to go see then?
  • Posted On: May 12 2007 1:28pm
I guess I'll go see Twenty-eight Weeks Later instead then.
  • Posted On: May 12 2007 3:46pm
If you see it, go during the day. It's worth seeing if you like Spiderman, but don't expect another Spiderman 2. It's more along the lines of Fantastic 4 in plot coherency.

"It sucked" (said by Meghan, ten seconds ago)
  • Posted On: May 13 2007 4:49pm
I don't know... I thought the jazz scene was a little diabolical where Mary Jane has pretty much not succeeded in whatever she's doing and so went from Broadway-esk to singing at a bar when compared to Spidey's success. Then he simply walked in with not only another girl but also bested her best at entertainng and performing. Like he was taking that last thing from her...

I don't know..that's how I read it.

Still, I couldn't get over the fact that that guy of that 70's show was more laughable than menacing.

My favorite guy is the Newspaper Director (Jameson?). Wish there was more with him.

We are going to see 28 Weeks Later tonight. I have been looking forward to this film since I knew of it's existence.
  • Posted On: May 13 2007 6:12pm
Yeah, Kaine got it right. He was just being a massive evil prick and it was highly entertaining.

Best part of the movie. Everything else ranged from average to laughably bad.
  • Posted On: May 13 2007 8:59pm
It was distressing.

Too much content without the required plot coherancy to support it. With that much subject material Sam should have spent his time including plot-building 'non-combat' scenes rather then spending massive chunks of the films 'down time' on wasted scenes that do nothing to advance the story. Eddie Brock was a big, dumb man... not a tiny, stick figure. Marko did not kill uncle Ben. The introduction of the premise(s) which described the creation of the films antagonists was sped-through without attention (seriously, Venom exists because Mary Jane and Peter Parker watched a meteor shower and Flint Marko just happened to break in to what should have been a highly secured facility when evading the police?). And that's to say nothing of continuity errors (which the franchise has been rife with since the first film... like, why didn't any of that shit hit the ground and kill people? Masonry, when dropped from twenty stories, becomes very, very dangerous.

All in all one of the worst Superhero films in recent history.

When Toby cried, everyone in the theatre laughed. When Spider-Man took a moment to make a character of, and include a cameo, the American Flag, everyone groaned. And when Mary Jane said she just wanted Peter to understand, the guy behind me said, "Why is it that all they ever want is for us to understand." We all laughed and it was one of the funniest points in the movie.

Oh... and what was with the escalator buildings? The ones that seemed to get taller whenever someone would fall down the side of one? I mean, you can only fall past one floor so many times...
  • Posted On: May 13 2007 10:18pm
What got me is I didn't see Stan Lee in a cameo? I might have missed him, but maybe he was unhappy with it enough to not be in it?