So hey...
  • Posted On: Jan 16 2014 12:10am
How is everyone?

Had a good start to the year?

Anyone get any good presents during Christmas?  :P

• Posted On: Jan 16 2014 12:29am
It's not been too bad.  I've now started making my own cheese because of a Christmas gift.  How about yourself Seth?
  • Posted On: Jan 16 2014 12:43am
Your own cheese? interesting, what kind?  :P

'Corize Cheese'  has a nice ring to it.

I'm doing okay, things got a bit mad with work in the build up to christmas, but calmed down a little now.

Had flu all through Christmas, was not amused, it cleared up in time for work though  :/

But all being said not a bad start to the year.  ;)

(I gots mostly clothes this year, lots of hoodies for some reason, I never asked for them, so trying not to read too much into that one, lol)

• Posted On: Jan 16 2014 1:00am
Just mozzarella and ricotta for the moment, nothing super exotic, but there is definitely something different about fresh cheese than the store bought.  But I'm going to try and start a batch of gouda this weekend.  I'll let know how it goes.
  • Posted On: Jan 16 2014 1:15am
I'm doing quite well, thanks. Mostly because my schemes are coming together nicely.

I also re-PMed you just now, mostly because if I show insufficient levels of scheme-related harassment in my weekly reports to Corise, he'll conquer all of my planets and ruin my plans for Galactic Kumbaya-itude!

I got a TV for Christmas. It's smaller than the last one, but this one works, so that's a plus. Also I put it on a table with wheels, so when I want to make it bigger I can just pull it closer to me.
  • Posted On: Jan 16 2014 4:48am
I got a new microphone and a new Alto mouthpiece. lol 

• Posted On: Jan 16 2014 6:11pm
The wife and I went to DC and NY around the first of December and it was a blast.  Got sick when I came back so that was not a blast.  Still have a lingering cough.   Bought a juicer after seeing that movie about an Australian guy who drove around the US getting blank stares from fat Americans about juicing.   It was interesting and my dad has been pestering me about it and then my wife wanted to try it so I decided to kill two birds with one stone...well, one juicer.  

Doing a 10 day thing, no solid food and meals of vegetable or fruit juice. 

I'd probably kill for a pizza right now.  Hell, or even a hand-full of cheddar popcorn...lol...   It's not bad.. but I find that I miss the tastes of eating even if I miss out on the nutrition of those foods since they are not very nutritious.

ahh... well... 
so when I want to make it bigger I can just pull it closer to me.

Are you in a hospital bed or something?  Or maybe at a dinner table feasting on some royally awesome food......bastard.

I've now started making my own cheese

My wife would love this... She eats more cheese than anyone I've known (at least for the Southern US... I am sure up Wisconsin way, there are restaurants that just sell cheese (don't tell my wife or we will move to Wisconsin).

• Posted On: Jan 17 2014 2:31am

I've now started making my own cheese

My wife would love this... She eats more cheese than anyone I've known (at least for the Southern US... I am sure up Wisconsin way, there are restaurants that just sell cheese (don't tell my wife or we will move to Wisconsin).

There are stores just like that, including a "cheese castle".

You'll have to tell me about how that 10 days of no solid food goes, I'll be interested.  I have to give you props though, I don't think I could do that. 
  • Posted On: Jan 17 2014 5:50am
Can't fathom why anyone would put themselves through that Om, lol

Seriously, that cannot be good for you.

Whatever happened to just eating a normal balanced diet?

I on the other hand cooked a roast dinner this christmas, had lamb (don't like Turkey, find it dry and pretty much tasteless to be honest)

Apparently it was cooked really well, I say apparently, since I had the flu, and unfortunately couldn't taste a damn thing.

so annoying.

• Posted On: Jan 17 2014 3:23pm
Well, the reason I am doing the juicing thing is that I am a diabetic (Type 2) and I basically eat out every single day.  I do not like taking medication because of side effects so I am just curious whether or not what effect the juicing will have on my sugar levels.    So far, it has brought my levels to normal... actually a little on the low side for once.

The diet itself is not just juices but does include baked fruit, salads or some sort of soup but I am just partaking of the juices.

The idea is to continue to drink a juice of fruits or vegetables for breakfast (since I typically skip breakfast) and just eat lunch and dinner (sensibly of course).

You're a skinny guy Corise (unless married life has added the pounds, which does happen ;) ) so I don't see an all juice diet for a given amount of time benefiting you but I can imagine you drinking a cucumber shake after your bike ride for some reason.   Maybe I saw a pic of you in a bicycle helmet or something... 

It is not really hard.  The juice does fill you up (oddly enough).  It is just my bad habit of getting the munchies that I had to deal with...  It was difficult to throw down with Black Ops II or XCom and not munch on something.   I am a creature of habit.  I find my TV watching has increased since I go home for lunch to make the juice, so I pop on the TV before going back to work.  Cleared my DVR of Castle, Black List and Almost Human episodes.    Agents of Shield was just boring.  I also found that my reading has taken a hit since I typically will read while eating out on my lunch break or at dinner (if my wife is working at night and not around) and I typically will go through about 2-3 books a week on that schedule.  I still have 3 books sitting in my car waiting to be read:  Soldier of Rome:  The Last Campaign, Star Wars:  Scoundrels, Roman - The Fall of Britannia and the Pagan Lord (Saxon Tales).  I am really itching to get into the Pagan Lord...

In any event, it is not as torturous as I first made it out to be.  But I did want a base-line to compare my blood sugar management with when I try to incorporate juicing as a part of my eating habits... heh heh... I am making it seem all scientific-like.

Don't worry.. though.. to restore your faith in my humanity, I doubt I will go the entire 10 days.   My wife and I are probably going to a restaurant to eat over the weekend since she only gets one weekend off a month and I personally would like to eat some popcorn with my Jack Ryan:  Shadow Recruit viewing...

I think she misses the wine.   ;)