Question...
  • Posted On: Mar 28 2011 7:09pm
Me and Archie are looking for a game to play and we don't know where to start searching. It has to be either a PC game or a PS2 game that allows two players. For the Ps2 we like RPG dungeon crawlers like Champions of Norrath or Baldur's Gate, and on the PC we've played Total Annihilation: Kingdoms against one another before. So I guess we're looking for something along those lines. We looked into getting Baldur's Gate 2 but apparently, even though it came out in 2004, it still runs about 40 bucks for a used version and around 70 for a new copy. And that's high for such an old game...

Oh, we do have more than one comp and they are all networked so the PC game doesn't have to bo something that has an online hookup.

Any suggestions?
  • Posted On: Mar 28 2011 11:10pm
Kind of confused, as I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say Baldur's Gate 2. It came out in 2000, not 2004, and currently runs at about $15 on Amazon for the collection of it and its expansion packs.

http://www.amazon.com/Baldurs-Gate-Collection-Shadows-Throne-Pc/dp/B00009ECGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301353225&sr=8-1

I thought you might be referring to Neverwinter Nights 2, but that came out in 2006, and then I checked Icewind Dale 2, but that came out in 2002. Either way, NWN2 is the latest, and I can personally attest to the quality of its main storyline, as well as the first expansion. The second is kinda iffy, and I haven't played the third. You can get it for $20 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Neverwinter-Nights-2-Platinum-Pc/dp/B004GL1UH6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1301353387&sr=1-1

As far as other options go, the market for cooperative RPG titles has kind of shrunken lately. Usually you're stuck choosing between single player games like Dragon Age and Fallout or MMO games that require monthly subscriptions like WoW or Eve. One game that comes to mind is Titan Quest, which is basically a really well done Diablo 2 rip-off set in Ancient Greece, Egypt, and China. Normally it runs for $20 but its 65% off on Amazon right now, a steal at $7.

http://www.amazon.com/Titan-Quest-Gold-Immortal-Throne-Pc/dp/B000WCCURW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1301353783&sr=1-1

I'll rack my brain and see if I can think of anymore.

EDIT: Just realized that you meant Baldur's Gate 2 for the PS2. Durr. BG2 for the PC is a different game, and older, so the graphics are a bit dated. But the game itself is phenomenal.
  • Posted On: Mar 29 2011 10:55am
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance actually, sorry :)
  • Posted On: Mar 31 2011 2:44pm
So basically first person shooter for console or RTS for PC, then?

For PC games that are generally fun and a blast, RTS-wise, I would recommend most of the Heroes of M&M series, Command&Conquer Generals and/or Red Alert 3, and Starcraft II.

WoW was fun for the first two years before it became incredibly boring, even with new content constantly being added. I still play the Unreal Tournament, CounterStrike: Source, and Diablo II FPS games for PC.
  • Posted On: Apr 4 2011 11:11am
thanks for the suggestion guys :) we just got a multi tap for the PS2 as well but we already have a couple 4 player games