Book reviews?
  • Posted On: Feb 1 2011 2:50pm
Anyone keep up with the latest EU novels -- Death Troopers, Darth Vader and the Lost Command? Anyone want to keep up with them and write reviews about them? Reviews of current books could pull in some traffic.
  • Posted On: Feb 1 2011 2:53pm
I can write a review of Death Troopers; finished it a little while ago.
  • Posted On: Feb 2 2011 2:43am
I don't read SW novels.

Not anymore.
  • Posted On: Feb 2 2011 3:49am
LOL, I misread this at first and thought Titus wanted a review of the books so he'd know if he wanted to read them, not to post on here to draw in traffic. My 5 line comment on Death Troopers wasn't a good enough review for that purpose.

So I edited it out. Suffice to say, I wasn't overly pleased with Death Troopers. Some people may have found the series after the NJO books as bad (Kwillik series, one of the Solo twins turning to the darkside series and the most recent "Fate of the Jedi" series), but in my opinion Death Troopers was way way worse, cause it didn't even "feel" Star Wars ish.

• Posted On: Feb 2 2011 4:05am
Yes, I am looking for ways to attract visitors. If we have a lot of active Expanded Universe readers it would be pretty easy on my end to use that interest and activity to push higher on search results for novel reviews.

Reviews for or against ... one review or more? In terms of drawing traffic more is better. One guy loves it and one guy hates it! Even better.

Just spitball'n here.
  • Posted On: Feb 2 2011 12:34pm
I'm pretty much for it. I'm reading almost every SW book that takes place after the Battle of Yavin.
  • Posted On: Feb 2 2011 2:21pm
I might be able to do some, I'm certainly read a lot of them and have been keeping up with most of the new series that are post Yavin. Anything pre-Yavin as a rule I don't really read. We'll have to see if I have any free time.
  • Posted On: Feb 7 2011 8:30pm
I know a lot of the newer books are getting ridiculous. The last series I read was the Legacy of the Force series which started well then by the middle end it was getting so ridiculous i had to force myself to continue and ultimately conclude the series in disgust.
  • Posted On: Feb 7 2011 11:43pm
The title escapes me, it's only available in Hardcover yet... It's Old Republic/Sith Wars, I believe... and the premise is 'Sith Zombies'!

That, I plan to read as soon as I can find it in paper back. Also, I am just finishing up Knight Errant and I might even be up for an essay to follow.
  • Posted On: Feb 8 2011 3:48pm
Red Harvest?