Black Friday
  • Posted On: Nov 25 2011 3:12pm
I never really did the Black Friday thing before but my wife did. When her girlfriend backed out for whatever reason, I went with her and it was a mad house.

I never new that many people could fit in a walmart. Actually, they couldn't fit. And we decided to buy a freezer. Pushing that thing through the throngs of people soured me to the whole thing. No deal is worth this aggravation.. or so my mind is telling me.

Now we are going out again this morning to see some stores that will probably have been picked as clean as turkey bones.
  • Posted On: Nov 25 2011 4:31pm
we were hoping to get a 99 dollar Wii at Sam's because they said club members could buy them online... but from the moment the sale started they said out of stock... and no way are we going any where near the stores... a local site was posting updates for people and they said there has been four fist fights at one of the local Wal-Marts before the sun even came up
  • Posted On: Nov 25 2011 9:29pm
Our local news is blowing up with stories. We waited until today to go out and only got a few things. I'll never go out on a Black Friday morning ever again.

The same experience happened to me on the internet when everything said 'Out of Stock' when the sales all started. Not just one site but several did that.
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2011 1:04am
We had people camping out at Best Buy two weeks before Black Friday. :dead

I went out today, but only later in the evening when the lines weren't so harsh to pick through the leftovers. Got about 25% of my christmas shopping done today.
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2011 1:08am
lol, I thought this was going to be about some remembrance day thing...
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2011 1:31am
had a woman online post about being at Best Buy with her 5 year old and a man punched her little girl over an XBox... gave the child a concussion

people are insane
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2011 5:44am
Well, I went to a Canadian Black Friday thingy, and didn't have any problems.

I blame Obama. :P
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2011 8:53am
I was watching the news today, congrats you made it, lol
Funny as hell.

We have something similar, usually the new years sales, it is beyond ridiculous the lengths to which people will go to , just to grab a bargain.

Won't catch me anywhere near it all. Om, I can see the reason why your wife's friend backed out now, lol
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2011 1:05pm
I am sorry, but Black Friday is just for insane, violent people (who hit children over xboxes)... I will stick to working that day, as I always have.
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2011 9:57pm
Seth, the friend backed out because she had no money, I found out later. lol.... ahh well.

We got a 7.0 cu Freezer for $160 and a $50 Soundbar for a TV but I still felt like a looter after a Rodney King trial.

I think it is better to go to Black Friday on Friday Morning proper, not in the middle of the night madness. Straight out of Asimov's Nightfall story that was.

I think I can say I lived through a Zombie Apocalypse because I cannot imagine people being much worse except they probably would be since everything would basically be free. Nothing like a good price tag on stuff to keep the social fabric stitched up and in order.