Woah...
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2003 4:53am
... This place isn't too bad! Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. I'm still debating on starting a character over here or not. It doesn't seem as bad as the rumors portray it. I've been playing at TGC, and NIF for a little while now, but both of them are dieing out so I'm looking for a new place to start a character without the added trouble of bringing my old ones over with me.

Anyone interested in giving me an introduction? I'm still a little unsure as to what the difference between TRF and TGC/NIF is...

<font size=-2>Note: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I just noticed the Visitors Center.</font>
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2003 5:02am
Well welcome. The main reason that TGC is dying out I suppose is because it is not doing too well here. I suggest the New Order.
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2003 5:02am
TGC doesn't allow fleeting (not in the same sense as TRF does, at least). You'll find that TRF has far fewer Force users, compared with TGC, and a lot more fleet-oriented action.

You'll also find a lot of history and some very deep storylines on TRF, due to its history and the people who play here.

Never RPed at NIF, so I can't comment on it at all.

*shrug*

Welcome to TRF.
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2003 5:09am
I've been reading over a few of the posts in the IC forums while I've been sitting here. I've got to say that I'm impressed. Alot more seems to go into them than at NIF or TGC.

NIF is entirely fleet oriented, so I have all the experience I need in that aspect. I was (or am currently) a force users at TGC. Made Master after two years, but I'm not especially liking it. Their is only so much you can do with the force, and only so far you can't go without a ship (or fleet for that matter).

Anything specific going on that I should know about before I start a character?
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2003 5:09am
TRF is a role-playing galaxy centered primarily around people leading governments, rather than just characters. That's probably the biggest difference between us and TGC.

I've heard of NIF, but not too much.

You can do character based or fleet/government based role-playing here, both are done, but as said before the emphasis is on governments and fleet battles.

Yes, this is the right forum, the Visitors Centre is more of a FAQ, and such.

If you have any additional questions, just post away, everyone is glad to help.

(I recommend joining Anthos ;) )
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2003 5:10am
Well, if TRF is strongly based on the development of a faction as a whole, I guess I'll be looking for one to join up with. At the moment, I'm looking for a new character picture, and reading up on some of the current roleplays.

Thanks for the Introduction Kas. I appreciate it.
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2003 5:11am
The main thing to keep in mind is that, despite appearences, we actually don't all hate one another.

And actually, I might have something that interests you in the governmental side of things...
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2003 5:15am
Boogedy boogedy boogedy.
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2003 5:16am
Same to you.
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2003 5:17am
I'd be happy to hear your proposals, Bhindi. Feel free to drop me a private message via EzInbox, and I'll get back with you as soon as possible.