This Weekend
  • Posted On: Dec 1 2003 6:23am
Damned hubby wants me to stay home and raise the girls. Ill still be doing that if I work part-time, but noooo, if I work, it has to be from home.

That's the best way for the kids.

And once you add in the income tax, and all other expenses (daycare, etc), you won't be making that much more. Most certainly not enough to justify having strangers raise your children...
  • Posted On: Dec 1 2003 8:24am
Daycares don't raise your children... they just sorta... herd them into groups for a few hours and keep them from killing one another :p try taking care of 20 to 30 kids, all under 5, for just an hour.. there is NO raising going on... there is, hopefully, if your lucky, controlled pandamonium
  • Posted On: Dec 1 2003 5:44pm
You must be thinking of a one hour babysitting service, not a Daycare.
  • Posted On: Dec 2 2003 3:56pm
Kas, if a Daycare is responsible for raising your children simply based on the amount of time spent there, then so are teachers, since they have your kids for 8 hours a day, five days a weeks.... actually, more than that since alot of places have year round school, so it would be 8 hours a day, 6 days a week
  • Posted On: Dec 2 2003 6:25pm
Kas, if a Daycare is responsible for raising your children simply based on the amount of time spent there, then so are teachers, since they have your kids for 8 hours a day, five days a weeks.... actually, more than that since alot of places have year round school, so it would be 8 hours a day, 6 days a week

I heartily agree. Parents are no longer raising children, children spend more of their conscious awake time away from home than in it.

There is no way a good parent can fully overcome all the influences forced upon their children by the state during the few short hours they have in the mornings and nights.

That's what is leading to the downfall of our country, the state has full control over the education of the next generation, a power that should never ever ever come within a thousand miles of the state.