Ren
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2003 9:42pm
You are both monuments to stupidity.

"Japs" was a term used to classify all persons of Japanese descent in North America during WWII. Including American and Canadian citizens who had done nothing wrong. It is a racial slur used to degrade them. Its continued use to day is entirely to degrade them.

If you believe you can justify that because of the acts of dead people in another country, you are a disgrace to humanity.

But then, as always, there are two sets of rules in America. One for white, Anglo-saxon protestans, and one for everybody else. And if you're in the second category, you'd better hope your family's native land doesn't do something wrong, or they'll becoming up with a degrading name for you, too.
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2003 9:47pm

Hey, you're preaching to the choir here . . .
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2003 9:53pm
"Japs" refered to all people of Japanese decent, especially those from Mainland Japan. Its not singularly directed to those that were imprisioned during the war.
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2003 10:16pm

That statement was utterly pointless and has no relevance to this argument. If you would kindly refrain from saying anything like that again, I'd appreciate it. But yes, I am a monument to stupidity.

"Japs" was a term used to classify all persons of Japanese descent in North America during WWII. Including American and Canadian citizens who had done nothing wrong. It is a racial slur used to degrade them. Its continued use to day is entirely to degrade them.

Wrong again there, Gash. As Gue said, it refers to all Japanese people, and if anything, it refers least of all to those in North America.

If you believe you can justify that because of the acts of dead people in another country, you are a disgrace to humanity.

See above statement.

But then, as always, there are two sets of rules in America. One for white, Anglo-saxon protestans, and one for everybody else. And if you're in the second category, you'd better hope your family's native land doesn't do something wrong, or they'll becoming up with a degrading name for you, too.

Yeah. You're right, Gash. America does suck, but that doesn't make a god damn difference because we got the bombs, OKAY? Yeah, I'm an @#%$. Live with it.
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2003 10:47pm
America does suck, but that doesn't make a god damn difference because we got the bombs, OKAY?

Well, that's all of my arguements beaten! :grin
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2003 10:50pm
Now, come on people, let's not loose track of what this thread was intended to focus on . . .

Me.
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2003 11:11pm
Oh, I thought it was about the Ja... MOLE! Moley Moley Moley!
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2003 11:27pm
Now, come on people, let's not loose track of what this thread was intended to focus on . . .

Me.

To Ren!
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2003 4:46am
"Japs" refered to all people of Japanese decent, especially those from Mainland Japan. Its not singularly directed to those that were imprisioned during the war.
That's right, Gue.

If you would kindly refrain from saying anything like that again, I'd appreciate it.
Oh, I'm sorry. I guess you're allowed to make racial slurs, but when I call you stupid, whoa, what's going on there! Arrest that man!

Wrong again there, Gash. As Gue said, it refers to all Japanese people, and if anything, it refers least of all to those in North America.
You both completely missed the point. Being stupid, this is not a suprise.

Now, follow closely.

The term "Japs" referred to all Japanese people. This phrase was largely coined, when? While we were at war with them. Thus, its use back then and now is, what? Insulting. And why? Because it was intended to be. The word was created as a derrogatory term.

JAPS = DERROGATORY
JAPS = DERROGATORY
JAPS = DERROGATORY
JAPS = DERROGATORY

Get it now?

You're right, Gash. America does suck, but that doesn't make a god damn difference because we got the bombs, OKAY? Yeah, I'm an @#%$. Live with it.
I'm not too worried. America only bombs countries that are predominantly non-white. If you ain't white, you ain't right. Or at least not fully deserving of human dignity.
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2003 4:56am
Uhhh. No. Germany was white. Same with Yugoslavia. ETC. Saying we are racist is extremely untrue. Some of us are but most of us aren't. I know I'm not. And we also called the Japanese Nimps.