Planets List
  • Posted On: Jan 13 2008 1:29am
Jesh there's a few issues with your request, first of all if you're starting a new faction you need to apply for one and state who your members are. Secondly, when performing a takeover you need to have the planet's name in the takeover title. Thirdly, I see no mention of "Haven Asteroid Belt" in the thread at all.
  • Posted On: Jan 13 2008 2:46am
  • Posted On: Jan 13 2008 11:25pm
Same thread. 'Haven Asteroid Field (Hidden)' for the Smuggler's Alliance

Also, I believe by starting a group I get a "home" planet of sorts. I would like this to be 'Smuggler's Run (Hidden)'.

This will not work unless the "Smuggler's Alliance" is a TNO subgroup. If it is a subgroup, you do not get a starting planet.

If this Smuggler's Alliance is going to be a separate group, as Zell states, you need to have an application in for one.

If the Smuggler's Alliance is an IC group, then the planet's it "owns" or whatnot does not go onto the planetary list. You may still defend them (as per the rules) but it will be your responsibility for it's upkeep.

Characters have always been able to 'own' planets on TRF, they just have not been able to garner benefits from them without having a group. Since Mercenary-style characters would by nature probably be able to get a rough and tough group together it wouldn't be unlikely to assume that someone could assemble a bit of a fleet for themselves. Such planets will not be part of the official Planet List, though they can defend the planet if it is attacked. A character may realistically only be able to 'own' one planet outside of a group setting. Since character ownership will not be listed in the Planet List in the OOC Forum, it is recommended that the writer make mention of this in their character's biography, perhaps also summarizing the events in the roleplay where ownership occurred.
  • Posted On: Jan 14 2008 6:44pm
Rendili for the Alliance to Restore the Republic

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained (Rendili)
  • Posted On: Jan 16 2008 12:14am
Vance Taesch
Rendili for the Alliance to Restore the Republic

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained (Rendili)
I would think, when another party enters a roleplay, both sides would show sufficient respect for the other to ensure the story was fully resolved before claiming the world as theirs.

Perhaps my next post would land troops on the surface... that would seem to clash with your claim of ownership, no?
  • Posted On: Jan 16 2008 12:40am
Drayson, I'll say this as clearly and politely as I possibly can. You should be the LAST person to counsel ANYONE on treating anyone else with respect. I left you TWO polite PMs about the thread which you ignored for what.. a week? Then since you ignored my messages, I left another (polite) message in the OOC forum which you read and subsequently ignored until Beff barrated you about it.

I've made no snide remarks about your involvement in the thread, even though you didn't give me a friendly heads up or take the two seconds to reply to either one of my messages. So don't leave me a message in a public forum telling me how to treat others with respect when your own message is dripping with condescension. If you want to talk about the thread, or anything else, I'm all ears and you know how to get ahold of me.

If you want to make a complaint about how I've handled this, or anything else... present it to the staff.
  • Posted On: Jan 16 2008 12:50am
And I quote...

This thread is not for conversation of any kind.
  • Posted On: Jan 16 2008 12:53am
(delete)
  • Posted On: Feb 8 2008 1:02am
Selcaron and Halmad for the Galactic Coalition, under "The Cooperative"

Thread: A Coalition of the Damned

word count: ~28,000

Just a note: Irtar was planning on claiming a planet in this thread, but I don't know if he's finished yet, and I'd feel a little weird trying to claim someone else's planet for him anyway, so . . . whatever.
  • Posted On: Feb 15 2008 9:52pm
Pedducis Chorios for the Confederation Confederation.

Thread: Wrath of the Confederation

Word Count: 5,043