Hapes Cluster
Suns
Moons
Many (Relephon Moons)
  • Posted On: May 19 2007 9:36pm
To this day I haven't written any lesbian stories. :(
  • Posted On: May 20 2007 5:09am
Actually, Hapes was formed because Ahnk wanted to write a lesbian story

That was your incarnation, which was gone by the time myself and Vessana started the group. I only refer to the point at which my Hapes has existed and onwards from there.

Its basically the same situation that BDE and its 'declared space' endures...We say its ours, we make sure the rest of the galaxy knows its ours.... we even go to big meetings to say "this is ours, don't colonize it." And at the end of the day all we can do is throw our arms in the air when another group moves in to take worlds there, lol....

Yes, to a point. But whereas yours is a made up group with a made up territory, mine is a group which has 'controlled' these planets for centuries. And instead of throwing our arms up in the air i will throw my entire fleet.

Also, i reference to my 'core planets' this refers to named happen planets (of which i think there are only 11 odd) rather than a 'core' meaning central.

And i can see the parallels between the empire's space and Hapes, however the empire never did control the entirity of the galaxy, whereas Hapes has always controlled the entirity of the cluster. Hell, the main reason why i picked Hapes as my group was based on the fact that it had distinct individual boundaries for control. In addition to that, the basis on my statement regarding his fleets relates to the history that any foreign fleet/ship that ever entered the cluster was almost immediately engaged and destroyed/forced to retreat, see Han Solo and Grand Admiral Teshik etc.
  • Posted On: May 20 2007 10:36pm
And at the end of the day all we can do is throw our arms in the air when another group moves in to take worlds there

So true. So very, very true. So much sand in the wind.
  • Posted On: May 21 2007 12:20am
So long as the winds blowing right in your face
  • Posted On: May 21 2007 12:56am
It's not the only thing blowing in the face.
  • Posted On: May 21 2007 1:15am
BOOM BOOM!
  • Posted On: May 21 2007 4:02am
Was away this weekend (work) but now I am back full time.

So...

Was there something cooperative about you fuckers trying to take my planets?

All hail the fucking hypocracy.

We're talking on different levels here. I was speaking in the OOC sense- that is, that players should try and work out conflicts/disputes.

I made no assertions of IC cooperation. :p

Hapes was formed because Chadd Fearsons and his TRE fleet started taking over chunks of it. Next, Akinyelle Daala (xilen) tried to assist another group (The bitch montague anyone?) to start taking up our planets. Next TDO and Selesa Malyndar (xilen) tried exactly the same thing you've done only based on Dreena. Finally we have this latest whoring incarnation lead by non other than someone who was only allowed back because 'its too hard to keep them banned'

When Lucin first approached me, I did not know he was Xilen.

Had I known, I probably wouldn't have gone through with the whole business.

For everything relating to his involvement, I am sorry and offer my apologies. I have dealt with him before at another RP site, and had similar problems.

So, for what its worth, I apologize for bringing him in. But, whats done is done, so lets deal with the now.

I'm sorry, but the one compromise i won't make is the loss of one of my core planets. Anything else is fine, but since you seem to only consider planets any sort of gain perhaps that says something about your motives.

First, I never had any intention of making you "lose your core planets."

I was not laying claim to any planet beyond Relephon (and perhaps Dreena, though I admit I do not have a full grasp of exactly what happened there, as I was not personally involved in the writing of that thread.)

I was interfering with the takeover of Lorell, but I have not claimed the planet as my own. The intereference at Lorell wasn't really focused at Lorell at all, but at the Crown's Blade- I thought the storyline left an opening that would make sense in the context of the overarching plot.

Second, the claim that I only consider planets as any sort of gain is baseless and plain wrong.

The Union operates in such a manner that the overt control of planets often runs counter to our strategy. If there was a more effective way at establishing a Union presence (and having it recognized and respected by other RPers) we would rely primarily on that. In reality, OOC contol of planets is about the only way to establish a tangible presence, so we do engage in takeovers etc, but I am not in some bean-counting race with the Empire/GC/BDE etc to see how many planets I can take.

There are plenty of advantages outside of planets I find useful.

Originally, Xilen wasn't even going to create a new Union sub-faction our original was for some Hapan technology/R&Ds in exhcange for the backing of his coup/insurrection whatever you want to call it.

He decided to join the Union so that he could "control" the worlds he was writing about and so he could R&D or for some other reason. Basically for OOC convience.

There is alot of room for discussion as the Cluster is home to hundreds of systems and the Consortium only comprises 63. And there is also room for discussion with regards to Hapes (since only 11 worlds are OOC owned). I don't think Brutus is out of line to want to talk. However, I was under the impression Relephon was on the outer edge of Hapes Consortium but it seems Lupercus thinks it's smack dab in the middle of the Consortium's Inner Region. It does seem sort of stupid to start this 'rebellious' movement in the heart of the Consortium.

Then again, Hapans are backstabbing bitches so...
(Bold mine)

I started this thread because I wanted to open dialogue. I didn't plan on making any demands or start a huge flame war.

I put some time into this arc, and I hate that so often at TRF stuff gets started then dies off and remains unresolved. I would like to, at the very least, finish the outstanding threads and bring a semblance of resolution to what has transpiried.

If it is so desired, we could move on from there, or simply end it.

On the issue of the location of Relephon (and the plausibility of their machinations) I will openly admit to having limited knowledge.

In one of the most recent Star Wars novels, a family from Relephon does challenge the Consortium monacrhy. Beyond that I don't have any special knowledge.

I don't know who Elizabeth is but if she is not a part of the Union then it doesn't matter what she says. The Hapes Regency is an IC group under the control of the Union therefore what happens to it by way of OOC "agreements" needs to involve members of the Union. If this Elizabeth plays a Union member, then ok.

I don't know who this Elizabeth is. To my knowledge, she is not a member of the Union.

To this day I haven't written any lesbian stories

Ahnk, I have but one thing to say to you.

Why not?
  • Posted On: May 22 2007 2:40am
I'll open up a private commonwealth forum for us to all discus this in further detail.