hi
  • Posted On: May 30 2005 8:15am
Hi I just joined and have spent the last two days reading over the rules and info for this rpg, and while I have a good grasp on the major rules I tend to always find this really cool pages but can't ever find them again. But thats just a personal problem and I'm blabbering. Anyways, I am creating a character and really want him to become a Jedi, but am a little confused about becoming a Jedi.

- Do I have to rp for a month before joining the Jedi, or before I become a jedi knight?

-Do I post my first post in the Jedi forum or in the space station forum at the main page?

-If I have a person ship do I have to do the construction rules apply to me or do you get your own little transport/fighter for free?

-Final Question (deals with character background) Does every system have it's own Grand Moff or is it divided by sections of Space?

Sorry for the questions, and any help will be greatly, greatly appreciated.

-dan
  • Posted On: May 30 2005 2:28pm
Welcome to TRF! :D

Ok, on with the quiz:

- Do I have to rp for a month before joining the Jedi, or before I become a jedi knight?

There is no time limit to become a Jedi, you can just jump right in and start your training. Which leads me to the second half of the question; To get to 'Jedi-Knight status' you have to earn it, by becoming a Padawan learner to be trained by a Jedi Master or another Jedi Knight.

Again, there is no time limit on this, everyone is different, put in the work and the time, and you shall get back what you put in.
It could take a month, it could take six months! :O (it all depends on you), but don't expect it to be overnight.

Ranks are granted by the force council, if they think you've proved yourself , then your Rank will advance.

-Do I post my first post in the Jedi forum or in the space station forum at the main page?

That, my friend, is entirely up to you. The Astral Astoria is partly there to help people get to grips with the Roleplaying style with have here at TRF. If you feel confident enough, you can go straight to the Jedi temple.

-If I have a person ship do I have to do the construction rules apply to me or do you get your own little transport/fighter for free?

Oh?... saw those did you? well we've had a rule change since then...

The answer to that is NO. The construction rules no longer apply, we all just assume everyone has what they need, just roleplay out what your character would realistically have to work with, and you'll do fine.

So yes, you can have a frieghter or a fighter, its up to you. (having your own Death Star is pushing it a bit though, heh)

-Final Question (deals with character background) Does every system have it's own Grand Moff or is it divided by sections of Space?

Umm, yes and no, the Galaxy is just roleplayed 'as is' no one really owns it, though obviously large factions (like the Empire) own more terrority than others, and yes they do have their own organizational structure, you'll find every faction has. Sectors is probably the best way to describe it.

If you decide to join a faction, then you'll find out, stay for a while and you'll pick up a feel of who owns what.

Sorry for the questions, and any help will be greatly, greatly appreciated.

No problem, no need to apologise, as I always say asking questions is a sign of intelligence.

Hope I helped.

;)
  • Posted On: May 30 2005 3:21pm
Welcome to TRF!
  • Posted On: May 30 2005 3:51pm
Welcome to TRF.
  • Posted On: May 30 2005 3:54pm
welcome to TRF!.....one day you`ll be one of us....i promise :D
  • Posted On: May 30 2005 3:58pm
GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK!

Oh, sorry, typo. I meant hi, welcome to TRF.
  • Posted On: May 30 2005 5:57pm
(additional generic welcome comment)
  • Posted On: May 30 2005 6:50pm
Thanks for the help Seth and all the welcomes the rest of you. My character should be up soon and my first post as well. Thanks again
  • Posted On: May 30 2005 7:05pm
Hope you enjoy yourself, welcome.
  • Posted On: May 30 2005 7:27pm
sup skyfire?

eheheheh