Hey.
  • Posted On: Jan 20 2007 12:12am
Pasha Solerus
Well, I've been searching for days for a Star Wars play-by-post forum that suits my own tastes. I'm seriously hoping I can at last settle down here, and finally get down to actually Roleplaying.

We do too, I hope you like what you see.

...And, as any new member normally does, I have several questions to help me get started in creating my character.

One, I read through the TRF Timeline, and it somehow managed to confuse me more than help me. Exactly which era is TRF playing within? Is it forty-two years after Episode III or not? Any clarification on that would help loads.
You have already figured this out , as Omnae confirmed.

Two, I noticed that character sheets are preferred short and concise. Will lenience be granted if one's character sheet is somewhat lengthy? I tend to be obsessive-compulsive when it comes to character sheets and constantly updating them.
There is no set formula as far as character sheets / Bio's go.

Feel free to add as much detail as you see fit, its the details that make a character come alive, (in my humble opinion).

The only thing people will object to, is if you try to start a new character which can do absolutely everything , and in the process completely alters TRF's time line and history.

You strike me as an intelligent individual so I doubt you will need to worry about this, heh

Don't be daunted or put off by TRF's Timeline either, its there mainly as a guide so that people can referr to it from time to time.

Just stick to common sense, and you'll be fine.

Three, are characters allowed to start play with starships as long as they fully detail how it was obtained, how the crew is supported/paid, how the crew was acquired, etc.?
Yes you are, we are not that strict, it is not necessary to detail the history of your craft or vessel, but it makes for a richer character background.

Of course this does depend on what kind of ship we are talking about, as stated above earlier.

If you are thinking about a freighter or a fighter, etc, then np at all.

If you want to start driving around the galaxy in a Death Star, then...no.

:P

I apologize if this information is noted somewhere and I managed to miss it. I'm somewhat frazzled after spending several days sifting through countless forums.
oh, I hope TRF hasn't been too confusing for you, hey if you have any suggestions as to what make our board more... 'newbie friendly' let us know...

Answers to these three questions would help me immensely in getting started, and I'm sure I'll have more questions to come as they pop into my head.
Np, you'll find most here will only be too glad to help.

Otherwise, hi.

Hi.

Welcome to TRF Pasha.

In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Stick around"

;)
  • Posted On: Jan 20 2007 12:26am
*looks at the dagger sticking out of him*

Now why did you have to do that....

*draws the dagger out and tackles Kurt to the ground stabbing him repeatedly, and looks up at the newb*

Oh. Right. People.

Uhm... welcome.

And you saw nothing.
  • Posted On: Jan 20 2007 12:34am
welcome to TRF :) Our female population has boomed in the past two weeks...
  • Posted On: Jan 20 2007 12:34am
This is no bad thing.

;)
  • Posted On: Jan 20 2007 1:10am
Indeed it isnt...

Welcome by the way
  • Posted On: Jan 20 2007 1:21am
Thank you again for the multitude of greetings. This is one of the friendliest communities I've come across in a while, so kudos to that. My character sheet is proving to be slow and tedious work however, and I'm beginning to fear I'll have an aneurism before I actually manage to finish. Either way, I'll either finish it by tomorrow or certainly die trying.

See you IC.

:]
  • Posted On: Jan 20 2007 1:29am
Btw, don't feel obligated to finish your bio before roleplaying.

whilst we do wish to encourage people to do so, it is by no means an absolute must, what matters is the roleplaying at the end of the day.

Sometimes it helps to break the monotony by roleplaying a bit , then coming back to it later.

You may even get a few more ideas that way too.

I say this because, we wouldn't want you to have an anurism!

(at least not before we've seen you write :P )
  • Posted On: Jan 20 2007 1:43am
I may love you, Seth Vinda.

I'll finish up the odds and ends of my character sheet, and then save the History section for later on tomorrow or Sunday. I've been itching to at least make one In-Character post, and hopefully this would help smooth out some of my impatience. All I need to do now is hassle someone else to hurry up and register. That's right. I'm bringing someone with me to TRF.

;x
  • Posted On: Jan 20 2007 2:18am
Isnt it Aneurysm?At least referring to Kurt Cobain.

Hope to see you IC
  • Posted On: Jan 20 2007 2:25am
Yes, it's "aneurism" or "aneurysm".