help
  • Posted On: Apr 14 2007 8:28pm
Shut up noob.

And to clarify: I'm talking to Ithron.
  • Posted On: Apr 14 2007 8:50pm
I'd the say the same to Hyfe, but he's one of the few people with the benefit of TRF seniority over me. :p
  • Posted On: Apr 14 2007 8:55pm
Never stopped you with me.
  • Posted On: Apr 14 2007 9:01pm
That's because you're too easy a target.
  • Posted On: Apr 14 2007 9:11pm
Touché.
  • Posted On: Apr 15 2007 1:30am
you're all noobs
  • Posted On: Apr 15 2007 1:36am
OS, when I am king you will be first against the wall.
  • Posted On: Apr 15 2007 1:39am
get in line :p
  • Posted On: Apr 15 2007 7:43am
I just finished rewriting this out of boredom and it sort of pertains to you, so I'll paste a copy here.

Welcome to The Rebel Faction!
<o></o>

TRF can be a little intimidating for new members trying to find their way. Hopefully, this post will help you get started in our humble little corner of the internet.

The first thing to remember is that you are new, and that is ok - we were all new at some point! Be aware that you have quite a bit to prove coming into TRF, as many do. This is a tight knit community consisting of many talented, respected writers who have put years of hard work into the excellent storyline this board boasts. But don’t let that scare you away; we are always eager to welcome new talent aboard!

What do you do as a newbie? Well, first you have to create a character to write with! Introducing yourself and establishing your character is best done by creating a character biography and posting it in the Biographies and History forum. If you are not sure how to start on such a project, I suggest checking out Simon Kaine or General Grevious, just for a couple examples. There are many other excellent biographies in the forum you can also explore - those are just two good ones I happen to be aware of. As a new character you might find that you won’t even be respected or accepted by any group until you have written an acceptable character biography, which is why this is a great step for beginners.

After you have made a character, you start your own Role Play: The Astral Astoria is a great place for beginners. You might find that your writing skills are not up to par with the other writers on the board, it is possible you have already been criticized for it. Don’t be discouraged! In the <st1:city><st1>Astoria</st1></st1:city>, you can work on your writing skills either on your own or perhaps opposite a more experienced player who is willing to coach you. At this time you should also make a point of reading our rules and regulations. Be sure to get into the Battlegrounds and read up on some of the stories in there as well. Look for posts by Ahnk, Simon Kaine/Omnae, Seth Vinda... you can generally tell the good stories and writers as soon as you see them. And of course, I can hardly talk about good stories unless I mention Conquest of Caprica.

You’ll find TRF is often full of drama between members and that debates spring up often. Keep your head low and stay out of the drama! Often times members are just joking around, and aren't even serious. If you find yourself a target just remember: you are new, fresh meat! Expect criticism, TRF loves to give it. Try to listen to it constructively: it can help you improve yourself. More often than not, the criticizers aren't simply being cruel - they usually have a point. Usually if it is noticed that a member is weak in some area or another you will be criticized, but members will also graciously step up and offer to help coach you. Take their offers!!!
<o></o>

Start out small, work your way up. Gain experience, develop your skill. It takes time and work, but you will earn respect. Look into joining up with a group, but don’t try and make your own… that can always come later when you are settled in. Good luck!
  • Posted On: Apr 15 2007 5:15pm
Almost makes me want to start roleplaying again.

PSYCHE!

Hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.