"Vacation"
  • Posted On: Jun 30 2002 10:30pm
<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> I can't believe I payed money for this thing...<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> was the lone thought that ran through Snack's mind as he glanced over the ticket he held in his hand. It wasn't even a datacard or anything new. Old school and ancient, the frail brown piece of paper type material flapped as a small breeze rushed by. Damn thing almost flew out of the Sith's hand. He scowled at the thing, taking a few steps forward as the line moved.

"Hold it! Place your bag here and please step through the door."

A security guard, decently built in muscle and stature, roughly six foot two and a good hundred and seventy pounds, pointed his blaster at Snack and motioned to where he was to place his duffel bag with it.

Not flinching at the man's authorative stance or voice, Snack did as he was told, setting his duffel bag on the conveyor belt. He stepped through the metal detector doorway without much hassle, but his bag was a different story. As soon as it was scanned, a warning bell began to sound, indicating that something metallic and not friendly was found.

His lightsabers.

"What are those things for?" The Guard asked, his blaster trained on Snack's chest. The bell shut off quickly as most eyes were now on Snack and the guard.

"What things? There is nothing in my bag except my clothing. Nothing of harmful intent."

A wave of his hand and the Guard put his blaster away.

"It must have been a malfunction, then. You're free to board the flight."

"Thank you." Snack said, nodding his head as he grabbed his back and flung it over his shoulder. "Oh, and you might want to get your scanner fixed."

A smirk grew on the Sith's face as he turned and walked to where the cruiser was stationed. Snack glanced up once more too look at the Coruscant skyline then returned his eyesight on the ticket in his hand. "<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> Round Trip: Coruscant to Chandrila.<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->" Ugh. This was going to be one hell of a flight.
  • Posted On: Jul 9 2002 11:28pm
"Ticket please."

"Sure."

Snack handed the man his ticket. The ticket holder looked it over, nodding his approval, then marked it. He handed the old fashioned ticket back to Snack, who proceeded to pocket it.

"Just be sure not to lose that ticket, and be sure to present it when you board once more in a weeks time," The ticket holder reminded him.

That wouldn't do.

"I won't be staying a week. Won't there be a return ship maybe a day or two after arrival?"

"I'm sorry sir. But the return trip you are scheduled for is exactly one standard week after arrival. Maybe if you scheduled yourself for a shorter trip--"

Snack cut him off. "If you actually offered a shorter stay I would have taken it. But all of your vacation plans are for a week or more. You sure you can't arrange something for a shorter stay?"

"I'm sorry, sir, but..."

"Are you sure you can't arrange something two days after our arrival?" Snack said, bringing his right hand up to scratch his head.

"Hurry it up! Other people would like to board!" An impatient passenger yelled out. Oh, to take his life would bring Snack much pleasure, but it would be too easy. That, and would blow his cover.

"Actually," the ticket holder started, "I might be able to arrange something for you. I'll talk with someone on Chandrila and set something up. I'll contact you when you reach your destination. Enjoy your flight.

"Thank you," Snack said, nodding his head. A force of habit, for the most part, which he couldn't break. He turned his head to give the rude man who had shouted out an evil glare. His face contorted back to that of a sincere man, who was generally sorry for slowing the line. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience..."

He sneered inwardly to himself. Before he would leave Chandrila, he would have to find that man and kill him. Smirking, Snack shifted his shoulder up, making the strap of his duffel bag feel more comfortable and boarded the cruiser.