Into Desolation | Starthus
  • Posted On: May 18 2003 3:58am
The entire prospect was outrageous, each of the reports philaciously outlandish. He wanted to grab at his smoothe, bald head and scream aloud at the very mention of a plan such as that. And yet it seemed strangely intriguing.

For all its fantasy-like myth, for all of its inexplicability, perhaps there was some merit, some virtue in the prospect thereof?

Ausche Zuen bobbed his gigantic bulb-like head as he pondered in thought at the prospects, even the advantages of such a force. It would only make life all that much easier.

And to have the very elements on our side...he reasoned mentally, finding himself stretching his lips back in a kind of grin.

The Bith monarch stared over at the glowing holomap that stood directly nearest him, comparing distances, size, width and types even. There was a galactic weathermap overlaying the territorial map, and then trade lines thus through that.

For the proposed operation the taking of Starthus actually did seem like a must simply out of territory, but the Royal Advisory Council had offered reports that simply drove him up the wall with frustration.

Taming giant rock men and turning them against Commenor? He narrowed his beady black eyes as he thought.

And yet if this turns out to be truth...

...it would only be that much more perfect.[i]

Reaching down onto his desk and flipping a switch he spoke in his native tongue.

"Ms. Neluz, please send in our esteemed guest."
  • Posted On: May 18 2003 4:32am
He had already waited a good twenty minutes, though he had been relatively unconcerned. What was twenty minutes in a galaxy that had existed for spans of billions of years? He would wait, and patiently at that, using the Force to calm any tension that began to seep into his system.

The emperor kept a level of calm and serenity that even rivaled the impassive helms of his ebon black guards. On either side of him they stood, four flanking him - the standard for a diplomatic meeting. They stood in a box like formation, each stiff and firm, unmoving and unwavering as though statues...though a statue that would be unafraid to kill any who dared to threaten the emperor's very life.

Though Fearsons was unafraid, he felt no personal risk here, though he did understand and even emphasize the need for precaution.

The prospect of assassination runs deep, and any can be susceptible to the credential greed.

He spared a glance across the room and as he motioned his feelings toward the monarch's room he could feel the tension and frustration rolling off of the regent, they were like the tide on a Despayrian beach, rolling up the sand and glistening off, leaving little hints thereof in its wake.

That is an unusual amount of tension for the Regent. There must be something in Protectorate Viel's report that unnerved him.

Fearsons adjusted his robes casually and eased back in the seat chosen for him - which he felt he did little justice to.

Great ivory horns protruded from the top and folded down and meshed into great arms of wood. The back was made out of Dantooinie Wooly Hide, and there was an extravagent gem atop, just above the emperor's head.

He felt as though the regent were trying to make him feel a bit more important than he really was. Perhaps it was a diplomacy tacitc.

Make the emmissary as comfortable and relaxed as possible, and he is liable to slip.

Fearsons shrugged. After living a century and ten years, he had learned all the tricks of that said trade. Though he intended to keep what secrets he knew to himelf, and at least pretend he was caught in awe by the majesty.

Which was not too hard, as he nearly was.

"Sire?" the female Bith behind the secretary desk across the room said finally, rising from her seat.

The emperor tilted his head and offered the secretary a warm smile. "Yes ma'am?" he asked respectfully.

I may be the sovereign...but this is their home, their culture, their government, I must respect them at all times.

"The regent shall see you now my lord," she explained in an almost cooing voice. The emperor nodded and rose as she pressed a button on her desk, opening the doors nearest her. The PeFauna took up stride first, and he followed closeely after.

He kept his hands impassively at his sides, away from the hilts of his lightsabers - which were more ceremonial than defensive at this point. They displayed a kind of aura of majesty that could not be attained with any other weapon of any other design.

The regent sat dignantly enough behind his desk, reading over the thousands of durasheets that had been piled before him. His ball-like eyes, reminding him surprisingly of Kaminoans', were scanning over and over the dots and characters that made up the Bith language.

When he noticed that Fearsons, or pretended that it was then that he noticed, was in the room he dropped everything, placing down the durasheets and rising solemnly, offering an esteemed bow.

"Sire you do me too much honor," he explained in his accented basic as his body bent down low.

Fearsons patted the air casually, a smile creaping onto his lips.

"My friend there is no reason to bow...you are the ruler here, I am the visitor."

A smile, or at least Fearsons had assumed it had been a smile, curved its way onto the bulb of a head's face.

The two sat, they were like old friends who had not seen one another for years and were only now getting caught up on their tales. The emperor broke the relaxation though with a cough and a clearing of his throat.

"You seem tense my friend," he lied. The regent was extremely good at hiding his emotions, it had only been with the help of the Force that the emperor could tell the regent's emotions.

The Bith shrugged it off. "These reports of living rock creatures...I don't know whether to damn it as a child's fairy tale or to consider it a strategical anomaly," he responded, finally some frustrationg creeping onto his face.

"You doubt they are true?"

Zuen again shrugged.

"They seem a bit unreal for my tastes..."

Fearsons leaned forward, as though the PeFauna, or even the air itself were listening in and spying on their conversation, and he spoke.

"What if I told you I met with them myself?"
  • Posted On: May 19 2003 3:45pm
The hustle and bustle of the spaceport had just been ratcheted up five notches. Running at over double its capacity, crewmen running to and fro searching for lost equipment, or their shuttle, the registration desk was filled with floating flimsy and burnt out receptionists.

A mobilization of a fleet always ended in civilian assets being temporarily seized. Today was no exception. An exceptionally quick response time was not something the Bith had down pat. Many crewmembers were late, lost, and high on some sort of inhibitor. Shore leave, cut off? Unthinkable. Impossible.

But it was happening.

Slowly but surly, newly equipped ships floated away from the swarming, crossing shuttles, ferrying crewmen to their ships. Where they were headed was unknown, yet it was rumored that a ground fight of some sort could be expected.

Why else would each ship carry a full compliment of shock troopers?

*^*^*^*

Tobal grabbed his small pack and hurried out of his quarters with a light jog. His usually waist long white hair was tied in a knot at the back of his head, and the loose Jedi garments he wore were kept close about him. Where he was headed too was not something he knew at the moment.

A message issued to him by a small Bith had contained instructions to pack only what was necessary, and go to the awaiting shuttle immediately. He was going on some sort of learning trip, that much he did know.

But to where? Calming the birds flapping in his chest, Tobal grabbed a chair in the shuttle and buckled down. Save for himself and the pilot/copilot, the shuttle was empty.

Savor the excitement my son, often the anticipation is more enjoyable than the result. His father had told him a great many things during their short times together. Strange how those proverbs of his kept coming to mind whenever something new happened to Tobal.

Strange indeed.
  • Posted On: May 23 2003 2:45am
Sovereign Ausche Zuen gave a light hearted laugh as he and the emperor rose, offering his hand across the table in a gesture of both kindness and friendship. Both had shared a good many laughs, and as a whole much had been accomplished.

The Bith Monarchy was willing to sign over full forces to the Order of the Shadow Jedi in Operation: Rock Hard, provided any resources, minerals, or riches looted during process of the operation were sent directly to Clak'Dor VII. Fearsons had no qualms with that, he had no use for them, what with the recent expansions of the Jutraalian Empire.

If the Shadow Jedi needed some kind of material resource, his empire would provide it. Funds, riches, natural resources, they were all at the emperor's whim.

Everything is falling into place...with luck Starthus will be played into the hands of the Bith Monarchy within a handful of days and the natives will all but accept Bith rule.

With little left to say Fearsons left, making his way for his shuttle.
  • Posted On: May 27 2003 5:35am
Meanwhile, on Corellia

The house on the hilltop was huge. And though it was well after midnight, with clouds hiding the moon and stars, the house was completely without lights.

"See." whispered Jarec Setaul, the 2nd number of this scouring team. "is it not like I told you schmucks? The ancient one lives here alone, with our chemicals. The locals are so afraid of him that they refuse to speak his name. Or drive past the building after midnight. They say the devil lives inside."

"Close enough." said Emerald Jade Raktus, the leader. "Arel M'Quren is an ancient Dameonian. His cruelty is legendary in these hills."

"Are we going to stand out here all night?" asked Ven Detar, the 3rd and final member of their party. "If we plan to stop this old buzzard from shipping out those chemicals, we'd better find him first."

(OOC: As it is now 10:40pm, I will finish this post tomorrow.)