Mirrors Edge (360)
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2008 2:43pm
I am super duper looper impressed!

This is by far one of the most innovative first person games I have ever seen. Imagine Assassins Creed, now make it first person and instead of combat (it has some) replace that with fast thinking puzzle solving.

Play it!

I recommend buying it. The "Race" multiplayer function rules.
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2008 3:10pm
I've been following this game for a while, but unfortunately it came out on consoles months before the PC version, and to lackluster reviews at that.

I'll wait and see how the PC version fares. It looks really cool to me.
  • Posted On: Nov 16 2008 5:11pm
I played the demo and was pretty impressed. It was fun, if I could keep my momentum going. I may snag it later when the price drops. I don't buy many games at full price.
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2008 2:53am
The fact that you mentioned Assassin's Creed doesn't bode well imo. Assassin's Creed was all hype and no substance. After playing through one city, it's just the same thing over and over again.
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2008 3:34am
Think the free-running from Assassins creed. That's about where the similarities end.
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2008 2:05pm
  • Posted On: Nov 17 2008 4:49pm
I plan on renting it since it's a game I can just run through.
  • Posted On: Nov 19 2008 3:00am
No pun intended? Har har!

I might try it. Dunno.
  • Posted On: Nov 19 2008 1:22pm
Well, I tried it - even gave it a good few hours - but I decided against buying it or holding onto the copy I have. I will be taking it back tomorrow and trading it in for the new Mortal Kombat Vs DC game out, simply because I feel like a fighter type, and given I can play Batman to some extent.

I thought Mirror's Edge was alright, but it didn't make me feel sick or overly immersed. In fact, I felt as though I was just running around down a pretty linear game path, looking for the same holes and vents to crawl into and the same ledges to leap from - it just didn't do it for me.

Oh, and I'm not prone to playing females, either. Don't know why... I just have never enjoyed controlling a female game character.

Ah well - it was worth a look; but now on to other things!